Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Family ....

We have a large branch of the Phang Family in Indonesia and both branches are direct descendents of my great-grand parents. My grandfather, who was the youngest son,  emigrated from China to Sarawak. One of his older brother emigrated to Kalimantan. The remaining brothers and sisters stayed behind in China. 
One of my cousin from our Indonesian branch of our family just paid a visit to my mum. She was happy to see them. He also updated us on our family branches in China.
As for our China branches of the family, due to some nasty issues some eighty years ago, our Sarawak branch of the family refused to be associated with them and none in our family have ever been to visit them in China. I do not supposed the rift will ever be resolved :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment