Friday, November 23, 2012

Sarawak Mata Kuching or Wild Longans

Now is the season the for mata kuching or cat's eyes - a local wild variety of longan that are now being cultivated.. They are super-sweet and have more flavour than the normal longan.

The tree of the mata kuching is a big tree ..... this tree here is already fruiting.

The young mata-kuching...


The mata kuching we bought from the market.


Most are of a size between the 10 sen and 20 sen coins. 
 

The shell,s super-sweet flesh and seeds of the fruits. 


Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Hi friend.
    I am a preservationist of plants fruit trees in Brazil.
    I wish you could help me get some seeds Pometia pinata, I am very interested in this species.
    I am very interested in fruit trees of his country. If you are interested we can exchange seeds.
    I await your email to talk.
    Thanks.
    maraglia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pictures. Excellent Captures and very clear pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would be really an experience, to have this while chatting, telling others that i am eating this fruit.
    Nice Post. Reminded fo my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never knew about this interesting fruit before! Thanks for the info!

    Regards,
    Sindhu
    The Arts & Me

    ReplyDelete